7.7.08

Summerfest '08





I made it to Summerfest twice this year, and I have to say that Milwaukee gets Summerfest right.

I went on the first Saturday, and caught a little bit of Dashboard Confessional. The atmosphere was alive and curious. This is my second time seeing them, and I wasn’t as impressed as I was the first time. He seemed to be a little spent, but overall it was a good night.

State Radio opened up my Tuesday night. I caught the encore and got exactly what I was expecting; a laid-back atmosphere with a similar sound done well. O.A.R. was my main attraction this year at the big gig. I’ve had good intentions to see them in the past but haven’t been able to make it happen. The show again was good packed with high energy.

I am pleased with how affordable the event is in general. $15 to get through the door is not a bad price at all considering the entertainment that they bring to the stages. A $5 beer reminded me I wasn’t Eden anymore, but it still is quite a bit cheaper than consuming the same beverage at Miller Park. It did seem food prices were a bit high, but dining wasn’t my motivation to attend the event.

No comments: